Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother's simple recipe for a great comfort food night.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pre- cooked ham
- 6 medium carrots, chunked
- 1 head purple cabbage, chunked
- 1 large onion, chunked
- 8 potatoes, chunked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -2 quart water
- Place ham in a large kettle filled 1/2 full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook slowly for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender and ham is heated through.
Perfect recipe!! All the others were so difficult and called for things I just didn't have, so thank you for this simple yet great recipe!! Food was delicious!!