Recipe by mollypaul
A wonderful little bread bursting with berry goodness. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Well I made these again since the first time I flubbed it up. These muffins should use only fresh blueberries - frozen makes the batter set up too quickly and makes the muffin too dense. With fresh berries, the flavor is fantastic and the muffins are light in texture and I LOVE the fact that there are so many blueberries within the muffin. Made for Camera-less Chef June 2008. Thanks for sharing Molly and for your patience with my first attempt the other day! :D
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, washed and stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease muffin pans very well or line with cupcake papers.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix berries with a fourth of this mixture.
- Beat eggs; add melted butter and milk.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir until there are no large lumps.
- Fold blueberries in lightly.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the muffins.