Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of cookbook "Mad About Muffins". Enjoy! :D
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combing the melted butter, beaten egg, vanilla extract, bananas, milk, and maple syrup and beat with a fork until well blended.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
These are moist and tasty, but the maple syrup flavor doesn't come through like I was hoping. But a good basic recipe that can be varied. I added dried cranberries to half of the batch. Made for Spring 2009 PAC Orphanage.
These were good. I thought they would stand out, but it was pretty much just another banana muffin recipe
Very tasty. Thanks for sharing.