Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite way to cook haddock. The recipe was originally for baked stuffed shrimp, so you could use it for that also.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock
- 3⁄4 cup milk (for soaking the fish in) (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dash paprika
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (such as Ritz or Townhouse)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse fish and then soak in milk (This will take away any "fishiness").
- Melt butter in a small frying pan. Add onion and saute until softened, then add garlic.
- Remove from heat, add sherry, parsley, paprika and salt to taste.
- Mix bread crumbs with crushed cracker crumbs.
- Remove fish from milk, rinse again, then place in a baking dish.
- Pour crumb mixture over fish.
- Then pour butter/sherry mixture over crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes. Place under broiler on high until golden brown and slightly crispy. (Watch it closely, this does not take long.).
Simple and fantastic! <br/>I would not have gotten any better in most local restaurants here in New England. <br/>Recipe is definably a keeper. <br/>Thanks for sharing.
We enjoyed this, even though I put the breadcrumbs on after the butter sauce. Even my 3.5yr old ate it!