Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is easy but tasty. Serve with a rice and a veg.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- Grease a pyrex baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and simmer a minute or two. Stir in the flour. Using a whisk, pour in the cream or half and half slowly. Simmer a minute. Add the cheese and stir.
- Place fish in dish and pour sauce over.
- Bake till bubbly. Brown top under broiler if necessary.
This was very good - even my 6 year old liked it. I added a little extra cheese and stuffed the pan with broccoli which I also poured the cheese sauce over....very good!
Used some sour cream with a bit of water in place of whipping cream. Added approx. 2tsp lemon juice for flavor. Soooooo good. I may or may not of cleaned the sauce pan with my pointer finger :)
Yummy, I made this and my whole family loved it. My 3 year old couldn't get enough and my husband ate thirds lol. I didn't have cream and I used milk.