Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews or 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup baking apple, peeled,and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- If 2 cups self-rising flour is not available, use 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, butter, apples, cheese and milk.
- Add to sugar mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cover with foil if it gets brown too quickly.