Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 medium apples, pared,cored and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, mixed together
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" tube pan.
- Beat eggs; gradually beat in sugar and then beat in oil.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add to beaten mixture alternately with orange juice; beat in vanilla.
- Pour about 1/4 batter mixture into prepared pan.
- Arrange 1/3 of the apple slices on top; sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on apples.
- Repeat thes layers using 1/4 batter each time and 1/2 remaining apple slices and cinnamon/sugar mix making last layer batter.
- Bake for one hour.