Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is awesome!! I went on this diet years ago and hated it because it tasted so bland and just wasn't for me. They have improved the flavor and gives you different adaptations to the new basic recipe. I'm giving you my favorite kicked up version. I may have added more garlic, pepper and salt to my own. You can adjust seasoning to your taste. I love garlic and peppers.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag stir fry vegetables
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with onion and garlic, DON'T DRAIN
- 5 celery ribs, chopped (use the leaves too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- Place all vegetables in a very large pot. It will cook down a bit, but make sure your vegetables can fit in the pot even if it's a tight fit.
- Pour brown rice on top of vegetables. Add seasonings, broth, and water.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until liquids boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid. Stir about every 30 min or so until vegetables and rice are tender. Enjoy!
- If you like garlic and red peppers like me -- add as much as you like. You could also add 1 diced jalepeno if you like it really spicy. I just always have crushed red pepper in the pantry.