A nice treat from southern New Brunswick in Canada. Very soft chocolate chip cookies with a hint of cinnamon. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk, cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, mix in the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yummy doesn't even begin to describe how good these are. I followed the recipe to the letter and they came out great. They are going in my keeper file. Thanks for posting !
These are yummy cookies. Although I halved the recipe, I made them according to the directions, and didn't sub any ingredients, except for the milk chocolate chips. I didn't have any, (forgot to buy them!) so I used chopped pieces of Lindt milk chocolate. This didn't seem to affect the texture or taste, and they were enjoyed by everyone who managed to nab one before I ate them all. :) Next time I won't halve the recipe, I'll make the whole quantity, and I might eat them all too. :) Made in memory of Stacy, a kind and gentle soul, greatly missed by all who knew her.
These are really great peanut butter chocolate chips oatmeal cookies! I used non hydrogenated margarine, natural crunchy peanut butter and mini semi sweet chocolate chips. I found I couldn't really taste the cinnamon, but it wasn't missed with all the other yummy flavours. Reviewed during ZWT 4.