Recipe by puppitypup
I found this on the Celebrate Canada website, posted for ZWT. I haven't made it yet so the servings are a guess. The amount of salt seems excessive to me.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens, quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt (OR LESS)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons savory
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups carrots, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, fry chicken in butter over medium heat for 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Add onion and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add boiling water and savory and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken pieces from pot and allow to cool.
- Bring stock to a boil and add vegetables. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove chicken meat from bones. Add chicken meat to vegetables and stock and simmer 20 minutes or longer.