Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook put out by Anita Stewart - well known for Canadian cuisine. Easy to make and now rhubarb is in abundance. Enjoy.......P.S.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (or enough to thin out if too thick)
- In a heavy saucepan combine, blueberries, rhbuarb, cranberries and sugar.
- Crush gently to release the juices.
- Stir in ginger, allspice and cloves.
- Cook over ,medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 - 15 minutes or until thickened, adding orange juice if the mixture becomes too thick before the berries are fully cooked.
- Pour into clean glad jars and seal.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Good served with meat pies.