Recipe by Trinkets
I've been making banana bread for years and I think I've finally perfected the recipe. Try it and let me know what YOU think! DD and her 13 year-old buddies simply can't get enough.
Top Review by booklegger
This is a fairly straight up banana bread recipe so any problems with results would be with the baker and not the recipe. Our loaf turned out fabulous, very moist, the perfect ratio of chocolate and banana. My 8 year old son was crazy about it and said it is now his favorite banana bread recipe. We will be making this one again and again. Thank you for the recipe Trinkets!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 -4 bananas, ripened, peeled and mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or butter a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake approximately 55-60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.