Recipe by evelyn/athens
It’s summer and it’s hot. What I want…what I crave…is to eat something delicious, refreshing and healthy, and that’s how this brown rice tabbouleh was born. It’s the perfect salad to have with grilled anything, or to bring to a potluck. And you know you’re being good to yourself in every way possible.
Top Review by PaulaG
This has all the flavors that you are looking for in tabbouleh. The recipe was scaled to 2 servings and actually ended up with 3 very nice size servings. Short grain brown rice and roma tomatoes were used. The use of fresh lemon juice is a must. I would make this again. Good luck in the contest.
- 946.36 ml cooked brown rice, cooled
- 354.88 ml zucchini, seeded and small dice
- 354.88 ml English cucumbers, seeded and small dice
- 20-25 grape tomatoes, halved (quartered, if large or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 medium purple onion, small dice
- 236.59 ml parsley, packed and minced
- 118.29 ml cilantro, packed and minced
- 118.29 ml spearmint, packed and minced
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml yellow mustard
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large, resealable bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste. Toss salad with dressing. Taste salad (try to get a little of everything on your fork), add a little more lemon, if necessary. Adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving to allow flavours to mingle and love each other. Mix salad well before serving to redistribute dressing. :-).