1/1 Photo of New-Age Tabbouleh Salad
It’s summer and it’s hot. What I want…what I crave…is to eat something delicious, refreshing and healthy, and that’s how this brown rice tabbouleh was born. It’s the perfect salad to have with grilled anything, or to bring to a potluck. And you know you’re being good to yourself in every way possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, seeded and small dice
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumbers, seeded and small dice
- 20 -25 grape tomatoes, halved (quartered, if large or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 medium purple onion, small dice
- 1 cup parsley, packed and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, packed and minced
- 1/2 cup spearmint, packed and minced
- 1Combine all salad ingredients in a large, resealable bowl.
- 2Whisk together dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste. Toss salad with dressing. Taste salad (try to get a little of everything on your fork), add a little more lemon, if necessary. Adjust seasoning.
- 3Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving to allow flavours to mingle and love each other. Mix salad well before serving to redistribute dressing. :-).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New-Age Tabbouleh Salad
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g