Recipe by DailyInspiration
From my Cooks of the Green Door cookbook. This guacamole has lots of crunch and a little bit of an Asian twist.
- 1 ear white corn (or 3/4 cup canned white corn)
- 3⁄4 cup avocado, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stand corn ear on end and cut off the kernels (or use canned corn). Add raw or canned corn to avocado in a small bowl along with the other ingredients. If preparing in advance sprinkle extra lemon on top and insert the avocado pits to prevent discoloration. Cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours. When ready to serve, remove avocado pits and stir. Serve with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.