- 14.79 ml ground allspice
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml ground sage
- 3.69 ml ground nutmeg
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz each and trimmed of fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the pepper, onion, and green onions and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
- Preheat an outdoor grill. Remove the breasts from the marinade and grill for 6 to 10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- While grilling, baste with the marinade.