- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz each and trimmed of fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.
- With a wire whisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- Add the pepper, onion, and green onions and mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
- Preheat an outdoor grill. Remove the breasts from the marinade and grill for 6 to 10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- While grilling, baste with the marinade.