Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was shopping in Wal-Mart, when an elderly lady came up to me and just started talking about this great dessert salad that she was planning to make. I went home and tried the recipe, and my husband and children fell in love. Now we make it at least 1 time a week. There are different variations of the salad, so I have given choices in the recipe based on your preferences. The can sizes are approximate.
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (small can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (15 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple or 1 (15 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cool Whip and sweetened condensed milk.
- When completely mixed, add in all other ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
I've been enjoying this salad for years. Have never put the coconut or pecans in it though. Not too sure I would like that, but I'm sure many would. Sometimes I crave the cherry, sometimes the blueberry. It's sooo yummy and easy.
This great dessert-salad is often called Pink Fluff or Cherry Fluff. I looked at all the cherry fluff-type recipes before deciding on this one, because I liked the addition of coconut and pecans. I didn't mix the pecans into the salad, but preferred them scattered on top. It tastes like a creamy cherry pie without crust. Very yummy.
Delicious, rich comfort food. My mom made this when I was a kid. I tried blueberry pie filling, and it's terrific, but I think the cherry makes for a prettier salad.