Recipe by Clorissasue
Egg rolls you can make yourself, your way, baked, not fried. Yet still crispy like the real deal! YUM!
- 11 ounces spring roll wrappers (bought at an Asian market, very VERY thin wraps. Not the kind bought at Wal-Mart that are thick, the)
- 1⁄2 green cabbage head
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw your spring roll wrappers for 30 minute Or as directions state. Again if you do not use the paper thin "Spring roll wrappers" bought in an Asian market your egg rolls will not turn out crisp when baked.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grate or finely chop your cabbage and your carrots.
- Cook up half pound of pork and turkey (or use all pork, chicken, shrimp really whatever meats you want to use, USE) When meat is half cooked, add your ginger root, oyster sauce, and your garlic.
- Drain meat of all oils and mix into your cabbage mixture.
- Mix corn starch with water in a small bowl
- Take about 1/4 cup of your cabbage mixture and roll into spring roll wrap as shown on package.
- Seal with just a bit of the cornstarch mixture.
- Place rolled egg rolls onto a cookie sheet with a wire rack. Brush tops of egg rolls with olive oil lightly.
- Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes, turn and if needed oil the other side. Cook until crispy and heated through.