Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Once you try this recipe, you'll never go back to your old meatball recipes! You may put the balls back to the simmering sauce after baking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef (or a mixture of beef, chicken, pork or veal)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (or more if needed)
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
- 1 Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2 Shape into 1.5-2" meatballs.
- 3 Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce, do not stir for 20 minutes or balls may break.
- 4 Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for as long as desired.
- 5 you may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.