Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I was so happy when I made this icing the first time because I knew that I would never need another icing recipe as long as I lived, lol. It was just so light and fluffy, and it still had a very buttery flavor even though it doesn't have any butter in it; probably because of the white chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, plus (See * below)
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (See ** below)
- 2 cups shortening, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the 1/2 cup white chocolate with the 1/2 cup whipping cream for 1 minute on 50% heat/powder.
- Stir until the chocolate melts then add the 1/4 cup white chocolate and stir until that chocolate melts as well Add the vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the shortening for 30 seconds then add 2 cups of the confectioners sugar and beat until combined.
- Add all of the white chocolate mixture and beat for 30 seconds (it may become very thick so just add more whipping cream to thin it out).
- Add the last of the confectioner's sugar and beat until combined and then for 30 seconds more.
- *You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanut butter chips, or even butterscotch chips in place of the white chocolate to make the icing fit your cake or brownies better.
- **Try adding different extracts to the basic white chocolate recipe like this:.
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract+ 3 drops yellow food coloring instead of the vanilla extract for a lemon cake.
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract+ 2 drops red food coloring instead of the vanilla for a strawberry cake.
- 1 teaspoon orange or mint extract instead of the vanilla for a chocolate cake.