These are a tweak of the Food Networks house popovers. Thanks to my dear husband who has been my popover guinea pig--he survived the "pancakes," "interestings" and "hmmm" style versions, but this one always gets rave reviews from him and the kid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2In bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk milk, butter and eggs until blended.
- 4Make a well in the flour, pour in the milk mixture, and whisk to make a smooth batter.
- 5Let batter stand for 10 minutes (important).
- 6Put dry 6-cup popover pan into the oven, to preheat for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove pan from oven, CAREFULLY (use pump sprayed oil, without propellants, if available, to reduce risk of combustion)spray with cooking spray (or, divide 2 tsp of shortening among all 6 cups, and brush it around to coat sides).
- 8Ladle in batter evenly into all cups, and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9DO NOT OPEN OVEN OR POPOVERS WILL FALL!
- 10Lower heat to 350, and continue to bake for 20 more minutes.
- 11Remove from oven, and poke each with the tip of a small knife to release steam (if desired--I like mine moist on the inside).
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never-Failed-Me-Yet Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 253.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g