Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely confection with subtle flavour. The texture is always perfect, never grainy or hard
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 20 marshmallows, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- combine brown and white sugar with evaporated milk and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat until syrup reaches soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, vanilla, butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Stir until all are melted and mixture is uniform.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased 9" x 9" cake pan and mark into squares.
- Let stand until cool and cut into pieces.