Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook5 hrs 20 mins
A Texas Original
Make and share this Never Fail Texas BBQ Brisket recipe from Food.com.
- beef brisket
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- You are going to need a large pit BBQ with a cover to completely cook outside- or you can finish this off in the oven.
- Completely cover the brisket with the steak seasoning- don't be stingy- and pat in well or"rub" as we do here in Texas.
- Seasoning layer should be thick.
- Place brisket over coals located on one end of pit or in BBQ and sear all sides of brisket, watching for flame ups, for 2 hours.
- Use heavy duty foil and completely wrap brisket, placing in a pan that brisket fits comfortably Move pan to the side of the pit without the coals- or to your oven, set at 325 degrees- and let cook for 3 hours, replacing coals to keep temp in your pit at about 325-350 degrees.
- Remove pan and let brisket set for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Be sure that you slice against the grain of the brisket or it will be tough.
- There will be lots of wonderful au jus in the foil, be sure to pass that with your brisket and serve with pintos, cornbread and slaw.
This is a great way to cook brisket, but please don't call it BBQ. I am THE past master of Southwest Texas Bar-B-que and I have been doing it for over 50 years now and have fed as many as 200 at a time. They end up putting my BBQ sauce all over everything on their plate and sop it all up with their bread. Warren