Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious treat is best served hot from the grease with a cold glass of milk.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy sweet cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk (sour optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -5 teaspoon baking powder (for ever cup of flour)
- 1 -5 cup flour
- deep frying oil
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (to garnish)
- Combine all first fice ingredients and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; blend into egg mixture until dough is firm then roll.
- (you can roll dough into a log or ball or fashion rings, whatever pleases you.).
- Heat lard to 375°.
- Cut dough into desired shape, drop into heated lard and fry until golden.
- Drain grease and immediately roll doughtnuts in sugar and cinnamon.