Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A passed along recipe - that never fails to produce a crispy skin turkey with very moist insides!
- 12 lbs turkey
- 2 cups tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 20 ml paprika
- 40 ml salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole carrots, cut lengthwise
- 4 sticks celery, sliced
- 6 cups water
- Place turkey in large roasting pan.
- Stuff with carrots and celery.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over turkey.
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 3 hours.
- Turn turkey every half hour.