Recipe by senseicheryl
I saw this recipe this morning on Paula's Best Dishes. Looked too yummy not to post! Recipe courtesy of Uncle Bubba.
Top Review by BakeryRuthy
I prepare the cake, and I like the result but I have to say that is a lot of sugar... Maybe I cup or even a half cup of less sugar... is too sweet, and I used to eat this kind of cakes with a sweet sauce... so for me sugarless will be really nice..
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- vanilla ice cream
- berries, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Special equipment: a 10-inch bundt pan, greased and floured
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, combine the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Stir in the lemon extract.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven and heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake cake for 1 hour. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes more.
- *Cook's Note: Do not open the oven door while baking.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.