Recipe by jchowarth
I have been making this recipe for years. Its from an old New Zealand cookbook and was put forward by a P.M Blake in Mt Maunganui. Every christmas time since I started making it this cheesecake has been requested and relatives look forward to it. And it has never failed!
- 1 (8 ounce) packet plain sweet biscuits
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained. Use canned
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush buscuits finely and combine with melted butter. Mix well and press over base into a 8" (20cm) spring release sponge tin. Refrigerate until set firm.
- Soften gelatine in cold water then heat to dissolve it. Leave it to cool.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add condensed milk and beat well. Add drained pineapple, lemon juice, lemon rind and cooled gelatine mixture.
- Stir thoroughly then spoon into prepared crumb base. Refrigerate until firm. Best overnight.