Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb shortening
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg (medium)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup water, Cold
- Beat egg in measuring cup.
- Add cold water to measure 1 cup.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Put dry ingredients in processor.
- Add liquid, about 1/4 cup while processing til mixture forms a lump.
- Let rest for 30 minutes or more. Make pie crusts as usual.
- I usually roll out on plastic wrap.
Oh my thank you thank you. Makes 4 nice 8-9 inch pie crusts. Really easy and quick. Thanks again
A very good recipe and a quick fix when half way through a recipe I realised I didn't have a pie crust! Very easy and very quick.