Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my never fail pie crust recipe. My mom taught it too my when I was in junior high and I have used it so much that I know it by heart. I get rave reviews every time I use it. Oh yea, this recipe is for a 9 inch double crust pie.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until lumps are pea-sized.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time. Only use as much water as is necessary. Dough should not be sticky, but shouldn't crumble apart either.
- Don't handle the dough too much -- remember the more you handle pastry crust, the less flaky it will be.
- Roll out dough to desired size and thickness. I recommend doing this between sheets of waxed paper, because you won't add extra flour to the dough.
- After the dough is in the pan, poke with fork and dab with butter. For the top crust, sprinkle liberaly with sugar over the butter.