Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
This is my grandmothers recipe.
Top Review by bmxmama
I finally found the same reicpe that my grandmother use to use to!! It's easy and I can now make pie crust again that never fails me. I used it to make a quiche and it worked out perfectly! Thanks for posting this, I thought it was lost to me!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, vinegar and water.
- Drizzle wet mixture into dry mixture, mixing as you pour.
- Roll out dough, and fit into two 9 inch pie pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.