Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my grandmothers recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- In large bowl mix flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, vinegar and water.
- Drizzle wet mixture into dry mixture, mixing as you pour.
- Roll out dough, and fit into two 9 inch pie pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
I finally found the same reicpe that my grandmother use to use to!! It's easy and I can now make pie crust again that never fails me. I used it to make a quiche and it worked out perfectly! Thanks for posting this, I thought it was lost to me!
I can not make a pie crust. But I can now. I rolled it between wax paper,than removed the top paper. slid my hand under, with the pie plate on top,ploped it over,fit right in.I always do this.But this crust was so tender and flaky and easy to work with.Thank you, SouthernSugar Dumplin.