Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful recipe my grandmother received from a pastry chef a long time ago. I have never had it fail and it creates a flaky crust every time.
- In a mixer bowl add the stick of crisco or lard.
- Add 1 2/3 cup flour.
- Mix on low until combined. Usually about 1 minute I mix until all flour on bottom of mixer is combined.
- In separate cup mix 1/4 cup water with 1/3 cup flour until pasty and no lumps.
- Add water mixture to Crisco mixture.
- Mix together on low until incorporated. Just about 30 seconds.
- Take out of mixer bowl and create a ball. Lightly dust the outside of ball with flour. Put it in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take out of refrigerator and split in half. Roll out each half for pie crusts.