1/1 Photo of Never Fail Perfect Cooked Rice
This is a method that I have used for years and my rice is perfect every time- I will call for Basmati rice (my favorite) in the recipe but any long grain white rice is fine. You can also cook brown rice with this method but it takes a little longer cooking time. I have posted this recipe for 1 person but you may just increase the rice and water for each person. If you use the chicken stock powder don't use a tsp for each person if say you are cooking rice for 6 don't go over 1 tbsp Pre soaking your rice removes some starch and allows it to cook faster. If you wish add some fresh chopped chives
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure your rice into a pot and cover it with water until the water is apprx 1/2" over the top of the rice.
- 2Soak the rice for at least 1 hour.
- 3Pour off the water and replace with fresh water,again, the water should be apprx 1/2" over the top of the rice.
- 4Add 1 tsp of stock powder if using.
- 5Bring rice to a boil,uncovered, simmer for apprx 7 minutes, keep checking until the kernels are perfect.
- 6Drain in a sieve and run hot water through it.
- 7Serve now or return to the pot lid on and keep over lowest stove temp until the rest of your dinner is ready.It can sit like this for up to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never Fail Perfect Cooked Rice
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g