Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This wonderfully rich fudge is a special treat that always comes out perfect. It's a great gift for the holidays or a birthday. Cut the cooled fudge into perfect squares and pack in a gift-wrapped, tissue paper-lined box. Tie on a bow and you're there.
- 8 ounces butter or 8 ounces margarine
- 4 cups sugar
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine butter/margarine, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat but continue to boil 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add chocolate morsels, peanut butter and marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Stir to blend completely.
- Pour into a large pan. For thinner squares of fudge, use a jellyroll pan with a 1/2" side. For thicker fudge, squarish baking pans are fine.
- Let cool completely before you cut into squares.
Here's a great combo of PB & chocolate, & when your friends, too, think it's great, that's a plus! I used unsalted butter & chunky peanut butter, & everything went together very easily! Well worth making again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a team member in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]