Recipe by sklhczech
Recipe from Tyndall, SD, Good Samaritan cookbook. We have nut pudding every year for the holidays and until I started using this recipe, it was always a challenge to see if the nut pudding was going to set up or not. This recipe is one that always sets. Note: Prep time doesn't include time to cool and then to chill. Enjoy!!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cook and serve vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 individual envelope knox gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup walnuts, ground fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak Knox gelatine in 1/4 cup milk as directed on package.
- Stir together Knox gelatine mixture, remaining 1 3/4 cups milk and vanilla pudding mix and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip and nuts and put in 2 quart serving bowl.
- Put in refrigerator and let chill at least 4 hours.
- May garnish with maraschino cherries and whole nutmeats on top.