Top Review by winter5
This recipe saved the day!! I have never made a lemon meringue pie before, and my husband requested it for a family gathering at our house. I already had the pie made, and the meringue recipe that I had, just didn't work. I was frantic to find another recipe. This on will always be in my cookbook!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cornstarch and cold water in saucepan. Add boiling water.
- Cook, stirring until clear and thickened. Let stand until cold. With electric beater on high speed, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually, add sugar; beat until stiff but not dry. Turn mixer to low speed; add soda and vanilla.
- Gradually, beat in cold cornstarch mixture. Raise mixer again to high speed; beat well. Spread meringue over cooled pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for at least 10 minutes