Recipe by Cindy Lynn
This is the homemade noodles Mom always made when I was growing up. For our family she had to double this.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
I loved these noodles. They really are no-fail noodles - I rolled them out a little too thick,and then got distracted while I was boiling them in broth, but despite all that - they STILL turned out delicious. Once the noodles were prepared, I droppd them into boiling chicken broth and let them cook like pasta for about 15-20 minutes. They were wonderful and I can't wait to try them again - I think they will taste great with beef stronganoff ladled on top. Next time, to save time, I may run the dough through my pasta maker.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream (or half & half)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well and add enough sifted flour to make a soft dough that doesn't stick when you roll it out.
- Roll very thin.
- Dust with flour.
- Roll up and cut into noodles.
- Unroll cut noodles.
- Sprinkle a little flour over noodles before putting them into broth to cook.
- Spread (or hang on noodle dryer) out to dry; store in air tight container.
- Check for doneness by testing a noodle to see if the center is cooked completely through. There should be no dryness in the center of the noodles.