Recipe by AlexandriaAngel
No matter the altitude, or the weather this recipe always works. Never lets you down.
Top Review by Christine K.
I live in Denver (the mile-high city) and this recipe is indeed fail-proof at high altitude. I've found that boiling the fudge for 5 minutes is all I need to do; I've never checked it with a thermometer and it still makes perfect fudge every time.
**My family likes fudge with a deeper chocolate taste that's not so sweet, so instead of 12 oz. of semisweet chocolate chips, I use 4oz. semisweet chocolate and 8oz. unsweetened chocolate--the perfect fudge that's not too sweet!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir over low heat until well blended.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, being careful not to mistake air bubbles for boiling.
- Then boil slowly stirring constantly, for 5 minutes to soft ball stage on a thermometer 234 degrees.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate,marshmallow creme and vanilla until chocolate is melted.
- Then turn into a buttered 9x9-inch pan to cool.