Recipe by Sharlene~W
This recipe has been on the label of Marshmallow Fluff for over 50 years! I usually make 1/2 recipe.
Top Review by Just a G.
I always use a candy thermometer to softball stage. I just made it with Reese's new chocolate peanut spread let all know later just how it came out. I usually make chocolate or peanut butter so I figured why not!!!!!!
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 (24 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one 13x9-inch pan or 2 9x9-inch pans.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, marshmallow creme and salt in a 6-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Boil slowly for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Makes about 5 pounds.