Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just like the title says: Creamy and Caramel!
Make and share this Never Fail Creamy Caramel Icing recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1/2 cup of sugar in iron skillet slowly, until brown and runny.
- Mix egg, butter, remaining sugar, and milk in a saucepan and cook over low heat until butter melts.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the browned sugar.
- Cook until it reaches the soft ball stage or until mixture leaves sides of pan. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and add vanilla.
- Beat until right consistency to spread.
- If it gets too thick add a little cream.
- This will ice a 2 layer cake.