Just like the title says: Creamy and Caramel!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/2 cup of sugar in iron skillet slowly, until brown and runny.
- 2Mix egg, butter, remaining sugar, and milk in a saucepan and cook over low heat until butter melts.
- 3Turn the heat up to medium and add the browned sugar.
- 4Cook until it reaches the soft ball stage or until mixture leaves sides of pan. This takes about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and add vanilla.
- 6Beat until right consistency to spread.
- 7If it gets too thick add a little cream.
- 8This will ice a 2 layer cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never Fail Creamy Caramel Icing
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g