Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my favorite recipes that my mother-in-law made when we would go visit her. My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook. It reminds me of the "famous Racine Kringle Coffee Cakes" from Racine. Wi.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add margarine and beat just until crumbly, like for pie crust.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Pour yeast and milk into flour mixture and mix, it will come together quite radidly.
- You can wrap in wax paper and put it in the refrigerator overnight or you can cut it in half and roll it out thin and fill with the"SOLO" filling, Fold front third to the center and then the back third over.
- Fold the ends over and pinch to seal.
- Place on cookie sheet and let rise for 30 min.
- It doesn't rise a lot.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 min.
- Make a frosting with butter, powdered sugar, and milk.
- Can be frozen and frosted later if you wish.
LOVED IT! Quick and easy to make with pastry shop quality results. I made one with Solo poppyseed filling and the other with raspberry pie filling. The crust is light and flaky. Thank you for sharing your family recipe Ellie! Please see my rating system.