- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Saute the onion and garlic with thyme until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in rice and stir with wooden spoon for 5 minutes to coat in the butter.
- Slowly add in chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and season with black pepper; cover tightly and simmer on top of the stove for about 15-17 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Season with salt.