Recipe by Chef George S.
A quick and easy dressing recipe. Almost as easy to make as the boxed stuff, but with a real homemade taste.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
I'm not much of a dressing maker and this turned out great! I didn't fool with the pecans and during the process discovered I was out of sage and had to use poultry seasoning instead. I used homemade bread and extra broth because I like a moister dressing. Next time I will cut or tear the bread into smaller pieces. I used homemade bread and left it in pretty big hunks and would have preferred smaller cubes. This was perfect for two people. It gave us each a generous serving for two meals. Chef George S., thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low medium heat.
- Add celery and onions and saute until vegetables are soft, but not browned. Add pecans,pepper, sage and marjoram. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Beat egg with chicken broth and pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine and add butter mixture. Fold together gently until well mixed.
- Spoon dressing into a buttered casserole pan, cover, and bake at 375F for 35 minutes. Uncover for last 10 minutes if you like a crisp top.