Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've made this over and over, and it has never failed me before. try this and you'll be sure to please everyone with this traditional blueberry favourite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F; grease an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the berries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold into batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out o the pan. Serve with whipped cream.