Recipe by smellycat
I've made this over and over, and it has never failed me before. try this and you'll be sure to please everyone with this traditional blueberry favourite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F; grease an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Toss the berries with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour (to separate and scatter evenly throughout the batter) and fold into batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients for topping with a fork to make crumbly mixture. Sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, then test for doneness by gently inserting a fork. If it does not come out clean, give the cake another 5 to 10 minutes to bake.
- When the cake has cooled, run a knife around the edges and lift the cake out o the pan. Serve with whipped cream.