Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This an easy tasty way of BBQing chicken. I know "canned soup?". Well go ahead and make your own sauce from scratch but in the heat I'll use canned every time!
- 1 can cream of asparagus soup
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all the ingredients except chicken.
- Place each chicken breast on a square of double foil.
- Distribute the sauce, close and seal the packages.
- Place on BBQ on LOW heat.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, turn once.
This recipe is easy, no fail, and goof proof! I used the cream of asparagus soup, added 1 more clove of garlic, and cooked the bundles in the oven at 350* for 25 minutes. The chicken was very tender and juicy, and the asparagus flavor was superb! Thanks Bergy, another winner!!
This chicken is very easy and good. I didn't notice until after I started making it that I only had Cream of Chicken soup on hand. Next time I will try with the Cream of Asparagus.
This certainly was a "no fail" recipe. Instead of a BBQ I had a OVQ!! To miserable to BBq so did it in the oven. I used broccoli soup and added some fresh rosemary sprigs to it. Excellent. Hopefully next time I will BBQ it!!