Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
They are called never ending because this makes a HUGE amount of muffins! The batter has to sit overnight in the fridge and can be stored for 1-2 weeks in there, so you can have warm muffins everyday! Thanks to my friend Malorie for the recipe...*Update* Since this recipe makes so much I decided to freeze 1/2 the batch and it worked great. Just put cupcake liners in a muffin tin fill as usual, put the tin in the freezer for 1-2 hrs, take out and pop into a freezer bag. When ready to use just put back into the muffin tin, it will take about 3-5 extra minutes to bake!
- NOTE: I did not calculate prep time in fridge overnight.
- In a X-LARGE, bowl cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- Add 1 c flour, stir until just combined.
- Add 1 c buttermilk, stir until just combined.
- Repeat this until all flour and buttermilk is used.
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1 cup Bran cereal, stir until just combined.
- Repeat this until all the water and cereal is used.
- * Be sure NOT to overmix*.
- Let sit overnight in fridge, covered.
- Take out and stir-the cereal should have broken down and will mix well.
- Pour 1/3 c batter into muffin tins.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I never thought I would be a big fan of bran muffins, I was wrong! I used 1/2 applesauce and they were so yummy and pretty healthy! The bake time is right on.
Wow! This is the best bran muffin recipe!!! I'm so glad it makes alot because we ate them up quick! There is nothing better than a warm muffin with butter.