1/3 Photos of Never Ending Bran Muffins
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
They are called never ending because this makes a HUGE amount of muffins! The batter has to sit overnight in the fridge and can be stored for 1-2 weeks in there, so you can have warm muffins everyday! Thanks to my friend Malorie for the recipe...*Update* Since this recipe makes so much I decided to freeze 1/2 the batch and it worked great. Just put cupcake liners in a muffin tin fill as usual, put the tin in the freezer for 1-2 hrs, take out and pop into a freezer bag. When ready to use just put back into the muffin tin, it will take about 3-5 extra minutes to bake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: I did not calculate prep time in fridge overnight.
- 2In a X-LARGE, bowl cream sugar and shortening.
- 3Add eggs, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- 4Add 1 c flour, stir until just combined.
- 5Add 1 c buttermilk, stir until just combined.
- 6Repeat this until all flour and buttermilk is used.
- 7Add 1/2 cup water and 1 cup Bran cereal, stir until just combined.
- 8Repeat this until all the water and cereal is used.
- 9* Be sure NOT to overmix*.
- 10Let sit overnight in fridge, covered.
- 11Take out and stir-the cereal should have broken down and will mix well.
- 12Pour 1/3 c batter into muffin tins.
- 13Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never Ending Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 364.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g