Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious, simple, divine!
- You choose quantities -- rinse and scrub potatoes.
- Slice potatoes in half, long end.
- Place a slice of onion in the middle of potato.
- Holding the 2 potato pieces, and onion, in place, wrap a piece of bacon around the long end, crisscross, then the short end. Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill in disposable aluminum pan, on indirect, for 1 hour, turning to ensure bacon crisps evenly. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- I usually serve with sour cream. Enjoy!
These potatoes are excellent. The only thing I did differently was to sprinkle a little chives and rosemary on the onion before closing up the potatoes. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Viclynn. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Wonderful potatoes!!! I made two for our lunch today to go along with caramelized chicken wings. I made them exactly as written and loved every bite. Once on the plate a added a little butter and some salt and it was very flavorful with all the onion, bacon and potato!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=323504