Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this, I'm just putting it on the net so that when I get ready to go to the store, I have a list of the ingredients needed without having to go through recipe by recipe. It is from Sylvia Bennett's $5 Dollar Menus for Two, the A&B Biochemical Machine Method.
- 6 cups water
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules (cubes will also work)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- In large saucepan melt the butter and oil.
- Add the scallions, onion, garlic, cauliflower and celery.
- Season with the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cook over medium heat for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water and bouillon; bring to boil.
- Add basil and marjoram.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until cauliflower is tender.
- (Approximately 10-15 minutes).