Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this, I'm just putting it on the net so that when I get ready to go to the store, I have a list of the ingredients needed without having to go through recipe by recipe. It is from Sylvia Bennett's $5 Dollar Menus for Two, the A&B Biochemical Machine Method.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus or 1⁄2 lb canned asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- lemon juice or vinegar, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste (regular pepper will work too)
- Wash the lettuce (both kinds), dry and rip into bite size pieces.
- Break and discard heavy ends from asparagus.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook asparagus and salt in boiling water until tender (3-5 minutes).
- Remove asparagus from water and drain well.
- Cut the asparagus into 1-1/2 inch pieces.
- Place in bowl with lettuce.
- For the dressing: combine the oil, mustard, sea salt and lemon juice (or vinegar).
- Add pepper to taste.
- Mix well and pour over salad.
- Toss the salad to combine ingredients and dressing.