Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
A perfect appetizer!
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Very nice and easy. I bit sweet for me. I mixed goat cheese with cream cheese 1 third cream cheese to goat cheese. I liked it better for me. I am sure the cream cheese would be fine, but I liked the tang of the goat cheese with the ham and the sweet figs.
Very good quick recipe, excellent appetizer
- 1 French baguettes or 1 sourdough baguette, sliced into 24 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fig jam or 1 cup preserves
- 1 cup neufchatel cheese or 1 cup cream cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto, each cut into 4 pieces
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the olive oil.
- Bake until golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Spread each toasted baguette slice with a generous teaspoon of the fig jam.
- Top with a dollop of Neufchâtel and a piece of prosciutto.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.